- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Website & Blogging
- Misc. Resources
Chamber Social Media
- Which platforms should your chamber be on?
- Chamber Social Media Post Ideas
- How to Plan Your Chamber’s Social Media Every Month
- Social Media Schedulers (free)
- You can schedule most social media posts for free in the native platform (Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, etc.), but if you want to schedule 1 post to multiple platforms, you’ll want a 3rd party scheduler like the one I use. I recommend looking for one that has “evergreen posting”, like SmarterQueue.
- Facebook & Instagram – schedule in Meta Business Suite
- WooBox – Tool for running a Facebook or other online contest/giveaway. I highly recommended because it also helps with legal fine print and other things many people don’t think about.
- See Basic hashtag tips for chambers. Generally, I recommend using 2-3 hashtags with at least one being branded – either your chamber or at least your area hashtag. Your other hashtags shouldn’t be too generic (#FloridaBusiness is more relevant than #Business)
- Hashtag generator / ideas
- AI for social media:
- Use Canva for easier photo editing with tools like Magic Replace, generate a new design with Text to Image, or generate ChatGPT-like text-based ideas with Magic Write. Pro plan needed for these features.
- Generate social post ideas (some editing is required) using ChatGPT
- It still requires some manual tweaks, but if you want to get into Pinterest but save time, check out Pin Generator. And yes, it has some free options so you can try before you buy.
- More social media tips
- TinyWow can help you convert a file from one type to another, like JPG to PDF
- Easy graphic design
- Canva – freemimum website based graphic design with lots of templates
- Create infographics
- Remove the background from an image easily for free (or use Canva)
- Create diagrams with Draw.io
- Create Interactive Content with Genially
- Google Fonts
- Color palette generator
- Get Colors from Image (upload an image to get HEX codes)
- Find out what colors & fonts are used on a webpage (chrome extension)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (aka Photoshop & more) – I still pay for Creative Cloud to access certain files & because I like Premiere Pro to balance sound in videos, but here’s:
- Free stock photos (or use Canva)
PS: Did I mention I like Canva? ????
- Which email marketing provider should you use for your chamber?
- Chamber Email Newsletter Examples
- Get new email subscribers with lead magnets
- More email marketing tips
Website & Blogging
- What your Chamber Website must have (includes logins checklist)
- I use WordPress, and will recommend a few ‘plugins’ that are only compatible with it. Most plugins I recommend are freemium, meaning they offer free & paid tiered options. Here’s a list of WordPress Plugins I use.
- Test your page speed with Google’s PageSpeed Insights
- Track website data with Google Analytics
- More website tips
Videos & Filming
- Buy a good microphone.
- Use your smart phone!
- Equipment to help with smart phone filming
- How to film & edit videos on your smart phone (TBA)
- Equipment Recommendations to Make Your Chamber Event Hybrid
- Generic Equipment & Software
- Screen recorders, webcams, webinar software
- Watch: 7 ways to record video
- Virtual Events: Zoom or Google Meet, REMO, Blitzr, etc.
- video editing:
- free video editing softwares
- Mixkit has some Awesome Stock Video Clips, Stock Music, Sound Effects, & Video Templates all available for free!
- If it’s just for you while you’re at your desk, try a strategically placed lamp. I find this to be more effective than the small & cheap clip-on ring lights
- A portable option is a large ring light on a stand, which can also have a spot to attach anything you’d put on a tripod (like your smart phone or tripod).
- Switcher Studio (live streaming software)
- More video tips
- You can use Fiver, Upwork, etc. to hire a project based freelancer
- You can run surveys through Constant Contact or Mailchimp, however I prefer Google Forms (it’ll even update your spreadsheet for you). Many people also like SurveyMonkey.
- More tool round-ups
Next: Chamber Trainings, Board Help, Resources, etc.