One of the easiest ways to fluff up your social media calendar is to post on holidays. You can find specific holidays to promote a chamber member (like promoting an Ice Cream Shop on National Peach Ice Cream Day), post a fun picture of your staff celebrating, or sharing a resource to help others learn about the issue. I also like to track job-related holidays as a reminder to reach out or recognize specific members.
Here’s some July Holidays that I thought would be a good fit for chambers:
- July 1 – National Postal Worker Day
- These employees suffer some of the harshest working conditions, yet continue to persevere six days a week.
- July 4th – Independence Day
- 1st Saturday – National Hop-a-Park Day
- Promote a local park
- July 15 – National Give Something Away Day
- A great chance to promote a nonprofit or fundraiser
- 3rd Tuesday – Get to Know Your Customers Day
- Share resources on how businesses can get to know their customer, or get to know your own members better.
- July 25 – National Hire a Veteran Day
- “Hire for Attitude, Train for Skill – and do it with a Veteran!”
- Last Friday – National System Administrator Appreciation Day
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- Write a post on how people can improve their phone courtesy at work.